Transforming Suffering and Happiness into Enlightenment
Although written in the 19th century by the Third Dodrupchen, Jigme Tenpe Nyima (1865-1926), the text Transforming suffering and happiness into enlightenment, in Tibetan - kyiduk lamkhyer, remains deeply relevant for our time. This incomparable teaching shows how to transform everything that can arise in our life, both carriers of suffering and carriers of happiness, how to transform them to make the most of them and use them for the ultimate benefit of oneself and others.
Sogyal Rinpoche often referred to these teachings as a first aid kit, a toolbox, to take with you and keep in mind. To make of suffering, fears and anxieties so prevalent these days, a rich spiritual nourishment, a fuel, to keep going on the path, the tank full to the brim with love and compassion.
As an integral part of our study and practice program, this course is rooted in the heart of Mahayana and constitutes one of the essential milestones regarding Action on that path. All the materials used in this course come from the All Encompassing Path to Enlightenment (AEP), a abundant repertoire constantly enriched ; in particular, these are video extracts of teachings from several great masters, some teachers of Rigpa, added to those Sogyal Rinpoche left to us.
Whether she has been on the path for a short or for a long time, whether he has never heard of it or, on the contrary, whether he has already approached this teaching more than once, any person interested will find something to benefit from it, as long as she has some basic knowledge of the three yanas and some established practice of meditation and compassion.
A special working method :
- The course as a whole will run from October 2022 to June 2023.
- The program for each session will be revealed to participants at least one week in advance.
- Participants will have to download the designated materials themselves, made available in the AEP – weekly study.
- Before each session, at the time and in the language that suits them, participants will watch the video extracts on the program as announced earlier.
- During the sessions, the facilitators will be able, if necessary, to enrich the content with details collected elsewhere. Then, based on the teaching excerpts that everyone will have already viewed at least once, they may apply to...
- summarize these teachings, extract the crucial points and give explanations,
- lead the contemplation of certain salient points, encourage questions and exchanges on their meaning and reflect on their impact,
- and so on.
To really benefit from the experience, anyone will have to prepare well, listen to the videos, take notes, do their homework, discuss, in two words: participate actively, in each session.
Downloadable full Kyiduk lamkhyer translations are available in Lotsawa House, Rigpa's translation website. Both translations can be found here, just a click away:
- French : Transformer souffrance et bonheur en Éveil | Lotsawa House
- English : Transforming Suffering and Happiness | Lotsawa House
Please note that this course is offered in French only... so please have a look on the French language page for more information.